The department of civil engineering aims to make the students the architects of the modern civilization enriched with basic and luxurious infrastructures. It is also aims to make them aware of their duty, devotion and responsibilities whole being a part of parcel of the oldest discipline of engineering.
1. The engineering graduates shall be capable to meet the need of the culture and civilization.
2. The Engineering Graduates shall be enriched with technical ability to deal with the problem related with Civil Engineering.
3. While working on various projects, the engineering graduates will be coated with the professional and ethical values.
Civil Engineering Department is working right from the inception of the college in 2010. Since then the department has made continuous progress and development. The students are also encouraged for sports, extracurricular, and co-curricular activities. Students have demonstrated excellence in University Examination, sports and Cultural activity.
- Department is having highly qualified, experienced faculty. The faculty is dedicated. The faculty has contributed in technical journals and conferences of Civil Engineering.
- Various laboratories of the department are equipped with the modern equipment, machinery, and experimental setups. These laboratories undergo modernization and development so as to be consistent and compatible with professional field requirements.
- Computer laboratory of the department provides internet connectivity and access to various software through the sufficient number of computer systems having the latest configuration.
- Faculty from department make use of modern facilities and techniques during classroom teaching. Faculty regularly uses LCD projector, powerpoint presentations, and e-learning packages.
- A number of students who graduated the from this department have already been well placed in high positions at different govt. and private organizations. Besides, many have started their own firms.
There are 11 sub-disciplines in Civil Engineering:
- Coastal Engineering.
- Construction Engineering.
- Earthquake Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics Engineering..
- Water Resources Engineering.
- Materials Engineering.
- Structural Engineering.
- Municipal or Urban Engineering.
- Transportation Engineering.