Title of the Practice:
Training Students for holistic development
Objectives of the Practice:
- To train the students on life skills so that they can excel in their academics
- To train the students towards preparing them for Campus Recruitments
- To train the students to build a career for themselves, as per their potential, they gain after training.
- Students from vernacular background need additional training to acquire the skills expected by recruiting companies.
- Most of the students admitted through lateral-entry i.e., with a diploma qualification, need more grooming to perform on-par with the other students.
- Training students to improve their chances of getting recruited in core and Consulting companies so that they have a better start in their career.
- The Institution provides a well-structured skill training program to all the students.
- The Institution has formed “Employability Enhancement & Skill Development Program” which included Communicative English, as part of the curriculum, in Semesters III & IV semester, to improve the communication skills of the students. As a part of this, every week, EESDP sessions are included in the regular academic timetable of the students. Phonetics, Communication and Reading labs are conducted for them.
- The students undergo 48 hours of training in each semester, on Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills. These are done with an objective towards improving listening, understanding, comprehending and representation skills of students in their regular subjects, thus helping them to improve their academics.
- The students are trained in these skills with activity based session to boost their confidence and remove fear from minds for free flow communication to express their thoughts. Every effort is taken to ensure to make every student participate in every activity and thus encourage a participative learning.
- During the V and VI semesters, training is provided on soft-skills such as Quantitative, Logical, Aptitude, Verbal, Reasoning, etc., for preparing them to Placements and competitive exams. The students are also provided with practice tests periodically.
- The institute also organizes programs under CSR like Braclays Life Skill training through its appointed vendors. In case of need the placement oriented training program is outsourced to third party.
- From the academic session 2019-20, the Institution has also included Technical Skills Training into the curriculum, for the students graduating in the year 2019. The institute has collaborated with major technology giants like Dassault, PTC & Mastercam to impart technical training in the domains like IoT, Data Science, Machine Learning, AI, Product Design & Smart Manufacturing.
- Besides this, the students are trained in Group Discussions, Resume Preparation and Interview Skills. The students are also given company-specific practice.
Evidence of Success:
- Through the above practices, more students are trained and are placed in many reputed companies.
- Through best training our institution uplifts the life of many average students that to become a best entrepreneur in the society
- Some of the students, though capable, couldn’t afford the training due to their economic background. In such a case, the in-house training helps the students to excel during the opportunities provided to them during on/off campus placement drives.
Soft Skill Trainers, Training to faculty members to build in-house team to deliver the training content, Professional trainers for conducting the training, Resources to conduct the training i.e., video lectures on topics in communication and aptitude, on-line exams for practice purpose, company- specific mock tests, etc,
Title of the Practice:
A Social Upliftment Campaign by National Service Scheme (NSS)
Objectives of the Practice
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation.
- Awareness regarding Pollution, Health and Nature preservations.
- Education & Literacy
- Water and Sanitation
- Medical & Health
- Women Empowerment
- Socio-Economic Development
- Right to information
- The NSS Unit of the College under the effective leadership of the NSS Programme Officer is actively engaged in a variety of activities throughout the academic year.
- The NSS unit had started its activities in the beginning of the academic session with the full support of our NSS volunteers under the leadership of programme officer. NSS Volunteers learn how to work with rural community people, generating awareness about blood donation, hygiene and prevention of various diseases.
- NSS volunteers conducted a wide range of activities like cleanliness programme, special camp, surveys, observance of important days and awareness campaign.
NSS Volunteers participate in the Swachh Bharat Mission Pogrammes and they take initiatives for keeping the campus clean. Cleanliness Drive on the college campus under Swachh Bharat Mission was conducted by the Volunteers in which the Principal, Teacher, students and staff members too rendered their services.
Evidence of Success
- The main outcome of the National Service Scheme is that it helps the students to gain a democratic attitude along with the confidence to become leaders.
- The students learn the social problems faced by villagers and have an understanding of the part they play in society
- This Scheme helps the students to gain the strength to handle emergency or challenging situations with calmness.
- One of the major problems of the NSS is that the goals and objectives of the NSS are numerous and College as well as people have high expectations of the NSS volunteers.
- At the same time, NSS volunteers do not have all resources at their disposal.